Plymouth Pavilions 20 January 2012

Chat about Alfie's past, Events. Concerts and appearances

Moderator: Mods

Postby theatrejane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Brilliant review Sue, thank you for remembering so much!

The mezzo was Becky Jane Taylor and she was gorgeous!

A truly superb evening.

Jane xx
theatrejane

Deeply moved by Alfie's voice
theatrejane
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]

Postby Liz H » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 am

Sue R
It was lovely to meet you yesterday-hope you weren't late for your train at 5.30 am this morning!! Thanks for the review -I will try and remember a few of the songs titles but I can't guarantee that they will be in the correct order!!
The young lady is called Becky Jane Taylor and I think she has an amazing voice. A few of us had goose bumps when we heard her at the sound check earlier in the afternoon when she sang a song from "Phantom".
Alfie's songs were Wheels of a Dream, Being Alive, A Day in the Life (Beatles),The Impossible Dream, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, A very loud Led Zepp track (sorry can't remember what it was called), Hushabye Mountain, James Bond medley, Song to the Siren, In my daughters eyes, Bring Him Home, Come What May (duet with Becky), O Sole Mio/It's now or never and the wonderful finale where lots of us, including Jane and Sue who we're right at the front, we're up on our feet clapping and dancing!! I wasn't the only one who didn't want the evening to end.
Having just read through all the songs I'm sure I've missed some out - it must just be the Alfie effect that turns your brain to mush!!

Liz xx
"Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are".
Marcus Zusak
Liz H

Postby MaryBethNOLA » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:21 am

Sue, Liz, Jane,

These reports mean so much to us. Thank you. MB
MaryBethNOLA
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby ehealy2011 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 am

Sue, Liz
Fantastic reviews! Thanks so much for sharing. We really do appreciate it. :D
~Elisabeth
ehealy2011
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby PamK » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:20 am

Oh my that was a died and gone to heaven evening if ever I heard of one! Thanks so much to you all for sharing, I'm sure your feet will not touch the ground for a week.
PamK

It wasn't a case of storming heaven. It was a case of letting heaven storm you. Into your hands, O lords of light, I commend my soul. Do what you must to mend the world. I am at your service.
Lois McMasters Bujold The Curse of Chalion
PamK

Postby theatrejane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks for filling in more of the gaps Liz.

I spent the whole evening pinching myself I was actually there. Don't ask me for any details, I just remember being there, grinning, clapping and dancing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jane xxx
theatrejane

Deeply moved by Alfie's voice
theatrejane

Postby Sue R » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm still up there on cloud nine, listening to Alfie's You'll Never Walk Alone. I've not stopped smiling since Friday, my husband has given up on me after listening to me non-stop all day Saturday!
Thanks for filling in the gaps Liz, it truly was the most amazing night, it lifted me almost as high as Alfie's last Les Mis.
I have two more concerts booked (unless by a miracle it's three, hoping desparately for The Sage) not sure if they could live up to Plymouth though.
Thanks for all the kind comments, I remembered more than I thought I would. I'm thinking about posting the review on the messages for Alfie thread, I'd love him to know how much we appreciate him, I'm sure he does, 'cos he says so often, but it won't hurt to tell him again.
Sue xx
Oh, I did catch my train, I was awake most of the night, still buzzing, and scared I would over sleep!
My love for you has changed me
Sue R

Postby Anne the Scot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Really enjoyed reading your review Sue, hopefully be able to say hi next Sunday in Glasgow.
Anne the Scot
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Mumma » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 pm

theatrejane wrote:Brilliant review Sue, thank you for remembering so much!

The mezzo was Becky Jane Taylor and she was gorgeous!

A truly superb evening.

Jane xx

...and for those who remember, this is something she sang once :!: :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5t6QxlHrU4
Anyone know why no Laura though :?:
Veste la Giubba
Mumma

Postby janfitz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like a fantastic evening. :D

Jan.xx
ImageImageImage

mmmmmelting!
janfitz

Postby Linda X » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello thank you for your wonderful reviews so glad you all had a fantastic time :D

The Led Zeppelin song was called –Kashmir. if it’s the same one he sang last night, I loved it . :D

Hugs Linda X
Hugs Linda X
Linda X
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Rach-louise » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks to everyone for your reviews, I love reading them all so much.

Sue R - WELL!!! You sent me a text right at the end of the concert simply saying
'Well, What can I say!!!' and I remember replying 'Hopefully a lot more than that! - once you've recovered.' I was sat on my sofa watching Graham Norton on TV at the time, sooooo wishing that I was in Plymouth.

Congratulations you, on managing to remember so much and for putting all those feelings and emotions into words for us. Fantastic review, have to say that I'm VERY jealous that I wasn't right there with you. And as for meeting Alfie again at the stage door, Oh wow you are one lucky lucky lucky lady.

Keeping everything crossed that we manage to get tickets for Birmingham, although hope is fading slightly the nearer we get, but still you never know miracles do happen.

Very glad that you had the most amazing time, but then I always knew you would - It's Alfie! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rach-louise
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Essee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Thank you all for your brilliant detailed reviews, they are much appreciated. Alfie obviously loved his time in Plymouth as he commented at the Bournemouth concert last night that Plymouth rocked and we had to try and out do them! It sounded wonderful.
Essee
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby emmap » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

The Led Zep song was Kashmir and Laura was at a previous booked concert, Becky is doing a few dates with him apparently, she was amazing and when she sang wishing you were somehow here again at the sound check the hairs on my arms stood on end, just breathtaking.Alfie was amazing and I was thrilled he metioned Plymouth from our chat at the Les Mis SD ,touched he remembered .The reviews are fab and I cannot wait for the dvd to come out , lovely too meeting some of you especially Jane as I dont often post but pop over when I can x
emmap
Boe curious

Postby Liz H » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 am

Emmap
I believe that I was sat behind you when Becky sang "wishing you were somehow here again" at the sound check - it was spine tingling. I am still in the "Boe" bubble and can't wait for the release of the DVD to live through it all again!!

Liz x

PS - if you were the person that took my photo with Alfie thank you very much - I don't remember saying it to you at the time.

Liz x
"Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are".
Marcus Zusak
Liz H

PreviousNext

Return to Past Events, Concerts & Appearances