Aladdin Theatre, Portland, Oregon 7 October 2012

Chat about Alfie's past, Events. Concerts and appearances

Moderator: Mods

Postby teebee » Thu May 17, 2012 8:52 am

Aladdin Theatre
Portland, Oregon

Sunday Oct 7, 2012
7:30pm
PBS: Portland- OPB (Oregon PBS) and SOPTV (Southern Oregon Public TV)
http://www.opb.org
http://www.soptv.org
Notes: Premium tickets available exclusively through PBS during June pledge drive.

Tickets available via Ticketmaster from 13 July 2012
Presale Password: REESE
CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE
teebee
Site Admin

Postby MaryannM » Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks teebee! Portland is a great music city, so they'll love Alfie! One question though, if you know...I know that for Park West in Chicago, there were regular tickets available thru WTTW. Since you posted Ticketmaster, is this not the case anywhere else? I'm assuming assigned seats might make that iffy, but (oops second question) may we call the venue(s) direct on 7/13 for tickets or will they refer us elsewhere? Just curious. Thanks!
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby teebee » Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 pm

MaryannM wrote:Thanks teebee! Portland is a great music city, so they'll love Alfie! One question though, if you know...I know that for Park West in Chicago, there were regular tickets available thru WTTW. Since you posted Ticketmaster, is this not the case anywhere else? I'm assuming assigned seats might make that iffy, but (oops second question) may we call the venue(s) direct on 7/13 for tickets or will they refer us elsewhere? Just curious. Thanks!

Tickets are currently scheduled to be released on 13 July Maryann. Some venues will be selling tickets directly, others will use ticket agencies - info will be added to the threads as the arrangements are made, but it can never do any harm to call venues directly on the day anyway :D
teebee
Site Admin

Postby MaryannM » Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 am

Thanks, teebee! Always nice to know the options :)
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby MaryannM » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Just talked to the nicest person at Oregon PBS...she actually knows who Alfie is, loves his music and hopes to go :) No meet & greet (seems to be my lot in concert life these days) but our seats are assigned in the order we pledge, so I have hopes we're not too far back! Still, the venue is small and the music is what matters! Yay!
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby MaryannM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 am

And since I'm the only one posting on here, I may be the ONLY one wearing a rose :lol: That would at least get his attention, right?
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Judy L. » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 am

I think I may be "losing it!" I know I answered this post and said you wouldn't be the only one as I will be there. Then there were several other posts after that! MaryannM,
do you know what happened? Well, I will still be there and hope to meet up with some more arrows, roses, etc.
Judy L.
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby KathyC » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 am

FYI from TWitter:

Sun, October 7, Alfie Boe @alfieboe Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR Presale Password: REESE

Link to the Ticketmaster site is here: Ticketmaster
"If music be the food of love, play on"
KathyC
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]

Postby Marcia » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:48 am

I have a friend there I've recently introduced Alfie to and she might be going. She thinks he's ultra cute. :} I will be extremely jealous of her, but I sure hope she goes.
Marcia -- Go to your happy place!
Marcia
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Silver]
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Silver]

Postby teebee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:38 pm

REMINDER - Pre-sale info also listed in the first post of this thread so no one has to search the thread -

CLICK HERE
teebee
Site Admin

Postby MaryannM » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Judy L. wrote:I think I may be "losing it!" I know I answered this post and said you wouldn't be the only one as I will be there. Then there were several other posts after that! MaryannM,
do you know what happened? Well, I will still be there and hope to meet up with some more arrows, roses, etc.

Wow. I can think of at least three or four others that are coming...maybe they've been to moved to the Travel & Arrangments Section? Otherwise I have no clue and we'll just have to hope everyone connects up over there so we can plan dinner!
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby MaryannM » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 pm

teebee wrote:REMINDER - Pre-sale info also listed in the first post of this thread so no one has to search the thread -

CLICK HERE

Just checked online to see about seats ( because even though I have mine from the pledge drive, I'm currious) and best available are first row balcony! By the time the tickets officially go on sale, Alfie may be sold out! Yay Portland!
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby buffy035 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Every time I glance at this post I keep thinking that Alfie is doing panto!?! Imagine:-)
aka "Liz at the back" from BIC
buffy035
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby teebee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm

buffy035 wrote:Every time I glance at this post I keep thinking that Alfie is doing panto!?! Imagine:-)

oooooh no he isn't!!! :lol:
teebee
Site Admin

Postby Judy L. » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 am

MaryannM,
Thanks for reminding me there are two separate threads for the concert! I wonder if when you talked to the OPB person if you got any idea when we will know where our
assigned seats will be? I want to see a seating chart and know where I will be. Also sounds like they have sold a lot of tickets. I had my daughter make the pledge/call
as soon as the show came on, but I was so unhappy that they had decided to show it two times in succession, and had added the second one BEFORE the scheduled one. So
I know we weren't among the first to call, that's for sure. (At that point I was practically hysterical, but after the tickets were ordered, I calmed down and enjoyed the show.) Oh well, have to leave it up to fate!! I am SO excited....
Judy L.
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Next

Return to Past Events, Concerts & Appearances