Sheldon Concert Hall, St Louis 25 October 2012 CANCELLED

Chat about Alfie's past, Events. Concerts and appearances

Moderator: Mods

Postby PamK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:21 pm

I too am disappointed that the concert was cancelled. I really could not afford to travel any distance right now, so St. Louis was my only option too. But I would plead with everyone, please set aside your disappointment and be patient just a little longer. Alfie has a very strong commitment to his fans, we all know that, and the decision to cancel St. Louis would not have been taken lightly or without a compelling reason.

At some point Teebee will be authorized to tell us more. Until then, speculation will only make us all feel worse. Since Alfie performed last night in Chicago, we know that it's not a matter of his health at risk, and that to me, is a huge relief.

I'm sorry to miss seeing everyone, and only hope that someday "soon" I will have another chance to welcome you all --- and Alfie! --- to St. Louis. Those of you in Chicago or heading for Chicago today, please enjoy the concert, post lots of photos and videos and reviews, and give Alfie all our love!
PamK

It wasn't a case of storming heaven. It was a case of letting heaven storm you. Into your hands, O lords of light, I commend my soul. Do what you must to mend the world. I am at your service.
Lois McMasters Bujold The Curse of Chalion
PamK
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]

Postby MaryannM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 pm

PamK wrote:I too am disappointed that the concert was cancelled. I really could not afford to travel any distance right now, so St. Louis was my only option too. But I would plead with everyone, please set aside your disappointment and be patient just a little longer. Alfie has a very strong commitment to his fans, we all know that, and the decision to cancel St. Louis would not have been taken lightly or without a compelling reason.

At some point Teebee will be authorized to tell us more. Until then, speculation will only make us all feel worse. Since Alfie performed last night in Chicago, we know that it's not a matter of his health at risk, and that to me, is a huge relief.

I'm sorry to miss seeing everyone, and only hope that someday "soon" I will have another chance to welcome you all --- and Alfie! --- to St. Louis. Those of you in Chicago or heading for Chicago today, please enjoy the concert, post lots of photos and videos and reviews, and give Alfie all our love!

Andrea and I aren't gone yet, having decided to make a road trip out of Chicago instead of St Louis, so we've booked a room for the night and are going to play tourist tomorrow. And Pam I agree about the speculation, but it seems that's what we humans do when we don't have any answers. Sigh. Oh the human condition... At any rate, we don't need Alfie as a reason to come to St. Louis...perhaps we can plan a trip down and meet you once things have settled down a bit! Kind of a "regional" meeting of the Arrows :lol: Hope we CAN post photos...if I can figure out how to do it anyway. Park West can be picky about cameras...maybe my cell phone can escape their notice. At any rate, we'll let him know how much we appreciate him!
MaryannM
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby janeelizireland » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Nikki took some videos so hoping for photos maryann, have a great time.
Jane

You make my darkness bright and like a star you shine on me
janeelizireland

Postby Farashna » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I am so very sorry to hear of this news. Not that is helps with your pain and sadness, but you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Try to put on your bravest face today and move forward. God Bless....
Sherrie
Sherrie
For where your treasure is... there will your heart be also.
Farashna
I'm an Alfies Arrow [GOLD]
I'm an Alfies Arrow [GOLD]

Postby Natalie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh my goodness I am sorry to go onto the forum and read that the concert been cancelled
Hope Alfie and his loved ones are ok.
I feel for those who were going
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Natalie

Postby teebee » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Neil would like everyone to know that the US tour dates have given them a very tough schedule to stick to and after a lot of discussion and for Alfie's benefit, regrettably they had to cancel this one show rather than miss more. Neil is currently looking for a way of rescheduling next year some time, but for now he sends his and Alfie's love and sincere apologies for the cancellation. They hope to see everyone in St Louis in 2013 and will keep you posted about the arrangements.
teebee
Site Admin

Postby janeelizireland » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Teebee, glad to know that Alfie is okay and I'm sure we all send him our love and best wishes to stay healthy for the last few concerts xx
Jane

You make my darkness bright and like a star you shine on me
janeelizireland

Postby Mumma » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 pm

teebee wrote:Neil would like everyone to know that the US tour dates have given them a very tough schedule to stick to and after a lot of discussion and for Alfie's benefit, regretably they had to cancel this one show rather than miss more. Neil is currently looking for a way of rescheduling next year some time, but for now he sends his and Alfie's love and sincere apologies for the cancellation. They hope to see everyone in St Louis in 2013 and will keep you posted about the arrangements.

Thank you for letting us know. Good that the speculation has ended. Whilst I am so SO sorry for those who will miss out :cry: I have to say I'm not totally surprised - the tour schedule looked very punishing both with numbers of gigs & travelling involved. We all know that Alfie will never give less than 150% & at least he won't do a show where his performance is less than he would wish to give or we would wish to see.
Love hugs & support to Alfie, Neil, teebee & all at team Boe.
Veste la Giubba
Mumma
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Silver]

Postby Marcia » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:14 pm

marymcfarlane wrote:Quick comment for Marcia: Kennedy Center Honors are aired in December but awarded earlier, maybe around Tgiving or earlier. Not that it's likely to have had anything to do with St. Louis, of course...

HI Mary!

I actually researched it to check it out because it was the only big event I could think of that might potentially interfere. This year the big state dinner for the honorees is on Dec. 1 and the performance at the Kennedy Center is the next night, on Dec. 2. :}
Marcia -- Go to your happy place!
Marcia

Postby Marcia » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

There we go -- "for Alfie's benefit" ... He puts his all into these shows. I think his voice needed the rest and we don't want anything to happen to that voice. :} We know he didn't want to do this, so we have to believe he really needs this break. God bless him!
Marcia -- Go to your happy place!
Marcia

Postby gamama » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Here is the replacement venue for the Sheldon cancellation. Room for about 15 (plus the band). Dinner included (Teebee has requested pasta). Tickets are free. Date to be announced soon. Start heading south, ladies!
Venue.jpg
Venue.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Venue2.jpg
Venue2.jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 623 times
gamama
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Annie55 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Can I just say how sorry I am to everyone who is now going to miss seeing Alfie. Not much really I can say to ease that disappointment but I do want to say I really feel for you and understand completely how you feel. I would be just the same. It is impossible to be planning for something with such excitement and not feel sick that it has fallen through. Sorry everyone.

I've just seen Teebee's message. I'm relieved to see that it is there. I even checked in at lunch time at work which is something I never do. But it has been very unsettling even if basically we knew Alfie must be OK if the Chicago concerts were going ahead. It is one of my basic characteristics that I tend to fear the worst in the absence of news. I do feel relieved that everyone is safe and well at least - there and here in the UK.

I guess what this means is that they can now fly direct from Chicago to Boston and benefit from a proper rest period. Looking back at my mileage chart of the tour it was pretty much 300 miles from Chicago to St Louis and then over 1200 miles from St Louis to Boston. He got a night off from singing to rest his voice on 26th but the day presumably was pretty much going to be non-stop travel so physically still very tiring. Even to my eyes this was a big ask and pretty much Alfie's nights off have coincided with big travel legs on the tour. Boston looks like it will be a quieter night now we know the format. He then gets another night off but has to travel 550 miles up to Toronto - then it's 300+ miles back down to Pittsburg the next night (with no rest night) for the final concert of the tour. I calculated just on a 'as the crow flies' basis that they were covering over 10,000 miles on this tour - you can see why they must be shattered at this point and why Neil came to the conclusion that cutting a concert was one solution.

I'm just still sorry for everyone. I'm sure they feel really bad about having to do it.
As Mae says herself, Richard has the voice and heart of an angel...offering her warm comfort and worldly wisdom. 'Mr Selfridge 2014' - Reminds me of someone I know!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, he has got a voice like a beautiful jet engine"
Annie55

Postby Mumma » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Annie55 wrote:Can I just say how sorry I am to everyone who is now going to miss seeing Alfie. Not much really I can say to ease that disappointment but I do want to say I really feel for you and understand completely how you feel. I would be just the same. It is impossible to be planning for something with such excitement and not feel sick that it has fallen through. Sorry everyone.

I've just seen Teebee's message. I'm relieved to see that it is there. I even checked in at lunch time at work which is something I never do. But it has been very unsettling even if basically we knew Alfie must be OK basically if the Chicago concerts were going ahead. It is one of my basic characteristics that I tend to fear the worst in the absence of news. I do feel relieved that everyone is safe and well at least - there and here in the UK.

I guess what this means is that they can now fly direct from Chicago to Boston and benefit from a proper rest period. Looking back at my mileage chart of the tour it was pretty much 300 miles from Chicago to St Louis and then over 1200 miles from St Louis to Boston. He got a night off from singing to rest his voice on 26th but the day presumably was pretty much going to be non-stop travel so physically still very tiring. Even to my eyes this was a big ask and pretty much Alfie's nights off have coincided with big travel legs on the tour. Boston looks like it will be a quieter night now we know the format. He then gets another night off but has to travel 550 miles up to Toronto - then it's 300+ miles back down to Pittsburg the next night (with no rest night) for the final concert of the tour. I calculated just on a 'as the crow flies' basis that they were covering over 10,000 miles on this tour - you can see why they must be shattered at this point and why Neil came to the conclusion that cutting a concert was one solution.

I'm just still sorry for everyone. I'm sure they feel really bad about having to do it.

Ouch - lot of travelling, not much time...
Veste la Giubba
Mumma

Postby Mumma » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Makes me think it has to be, in its own way, a good thing management didn't give into pressure & add yet more dates in other areas... :(
Veste la Giubba
Mumma

Postby Annie55 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Mumma wrote:Makes me think it has to be, in its own way, a good thing management didn't give into pressure & add yet more dates in other areas... :(

I was quite amazed when I looked at the ground they had to cover. This is a link to the table I put in on the USA Tour thread back at the end of September so I could get an idea of where they would be and when:

http://forums.alfieboeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3615&start=90
As Mae says herself, Richard has the voice and heart of an angel...offering her warm comfort and worldly wisdom. 'Mr Selfridge 2014' - Reminds me of someone I know!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, he has got a voice like a beautiful jet engine"
Annie55

PreviousNext

Return to Past Events, Concerts & Appearances