Friends of Marcia

Let's talk about anything else

Moderator: Mods

Postby Linden » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 am

Yes, I found Sherrie as well, but maybe she is trying to figure out what to do with us to accept our friendship or maybe she is acting hard to get. That would be just like her :lol:

It's raining friends, Deb!
Lea Ann
Linden
I'm an Alfies Arrow [GOLD]

Postby I cried at stv » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 am

Deb you are not alone. I got ticked off for sending friend requests to people I don't know. Thay all had friends in common with me so I thought they were all Alfie fans :oops:
I got an email asking me to become a friend of Marcia's.
I was also asked to recommend friends for her so I recommended some people on here and those whom I was certain were Alfie fans. :!:
ImageImageImageImageImage
I cried at stv
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Silver]

Postby shaylak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 am

I have a hard time knowing who is who. Lots of you have a handle name with no picture, so I don't "recognize" you. If you want to "friend" me, please do and include your ABUK name. Otherwise I'm just plain confused!
shaylak
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]

Postby Margie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 am

With friend requests, it's a good idea to decline friend requests from people you don't know. Many people have the same name so make sure you accept a friend request from the correct identity. Feel confident in declining friend requests - it is up to you who you accept as a friend and I don't regard it as an offence if a friend request is declined. There are many reasons why a person might decline a friend request!!

Sally, I'm still looking for you, I haven't forgotten.

Also, I'm a little surprised by the comments above. Once you set up a Facebook profile, you can make it as private as you like. It's way more restricted than this forum, which is exposed to any passing internet traffic. I often wonder who all those anonymous 'guests' are, listed at the bottom of the 'Board Index' page. At least on Facebook, I know all the people who are reading my posts. :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Margie
Xx

'Thanks for the joy that you've given me...'
Margie

Postby teebee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Margie wrote: I often wonder who all those anonymous 'guests' are, listed at the bottom of the 'Board Index' page. At least on Facebook, I know all the people who are reading my posts. :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all the messages I get about this I can answer that one for you Margie. They are mostly made up of really lovely people just like the rest of the members here. They pop by to read the posts, enjoy the posted chat, collect all the latest Alfie information, watch videos, read reviews, look at the photos etc.

Not all fans want to contribute to the chat on the forum so they don't all immediately sign up, but they enjoy ABUK just as much their way and check in every day. Most do sign up after they start to feel at home and can see how welcoming the rest of the online community we have here are :D
teebee
Site Admin

Postby Linden » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks, teebee.

I am usually one of the guests during my noon hour at work. I don't sign on, but I catch up on what everyone else is talking about during the day :)
Last edited by Linden on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lea Ann
Linden

Postby I cried at stv » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I have just been on FB. As I said I was asked to recommend people for Marcia to be friends with. Lots of them are now her friends!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
I cried at stv

Postby Texas Karla » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Linden wrote:Thanks, teebee.

I am usually one of the guests during my noon hour at work. I don't sign on, but I catch up on what everyone else is talking about during the day :)

I am another who checks in during my lunch break, but seldom log in or comment. I enjoy so much spending my time here with you. Sometimes my work environment is noisy and gossipy, or controversial topics are discussed in the break room. I love sitting in my office just reading about all of the happenings with Alfie and in your lives. I can't click on links while at work, but I definitely note that there are some enticing ones to view when I get home. I eat breakfast with you guys every day as well, and get back with you before bedtime. I am sure there are many other lurkers here. You are such a fun bunch to read!
Last edited by Texas Karla on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late to live happily ever after!
Texas Karla
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Annie55 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 pm

teebee wrote:
Margie wrote: I often wonder who all those anonymous 'guests' are, listed at the bottom of the 'Board Index' page. At least on Facebook, I know all the people who are reading my posts. :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all the messages I get about this I can answer that one for you Margie. They are mostly made up of really lovely people just like the rest of the members here. They pop by to read the posts, enjoy the posted chat, collect all the latest Alfie information, watch videos, read reviews, look at the photos etc.

Not all fans want to contribute to the chat on the forum so they don't all immediately sign up, but they enjoy ABUK just as much their way and check in every day. Most do sign up after they start to feel at home and can see how welcoming the rest of the online community we have here are :D

That would have been me sometime back when.
As Mae says herself, Richard has the voice and heart of an angel...offering her warm comfort and worldly wisdom. 'Mr Selfridge 2014' - Reminds me of someone I know!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, he has got a voice like a beautiful jet engine"
Annie55

Postby Margie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm

teebee wrote:

Hey wow! teebee, thanks. I have never thought to ask you that, but it's very good to know. Reassuring. :lol: :) :lol:
Cheers
Margie
Xx

Margie

Postby Boedacious » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Margie wrote:
I often wonder who all those anonymous 'guests' are, listed at the bottom of the 'Board Index' page.

I was one for ages! Before I got brave enough to register and became addicted!

Still haven't sorted out Facebook. Marcia, I'm sorry -- beause your enthusiastic and informative and enjoyable postings were one of the main reasons I got hooked. I'm really busy at the minute and this Facebook thing seems a bit of a minefield. From the sounds of it though Marcia (with Margie's help) you're going to have tons of friends!

Just know you're missed on the Alfie forum.

Cecelia
xxx
Big hugs, Cecelia

His music forms the backing tracks to friendships old and new...
Boedacious

Postby Linda X » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Boedacious wrote:Still haven't sorted out Facebook. Marcia, I'm sorry -- beause your enthusiastic and informative and enjoyable postings were one of the main reasons I got hooked. I'm really busy at the minute and this Facebook thing seems a bit of a minefield. From the sounds of it though Marcia (with Margie's help) you're going to have tons of friends!

Just know you're missed on the Alfie forum.

Cecelia
xxx

Cecelia here is a message from Marcia......

'Would someone please do me a favor on the ABUK site. I don't often read the posts because, as I have said, it hurts too much not to be able to reply, but every now and then I take a look at this or that. I've read Cecelia's posts where she's said that my posts on ABUK were one of the reasons why she joined. She's said it more than once, and I wish someone would let her know that I'm really touched by her words and it makes me feel good that my often over-enthusiastic ramblings about Alfie affected others such as herself. I really appreciate her comments, so if someone could let her know, I'd appreciate that. You can just cut and paste this if you want. I'd just like her to know.

Let me add that I am very grateful for everyone who has come here and is participating. It was Margie's idea, and I am indebted to her for that. I've never liked social media and still am not a fan, but it's certainly made an impact. I was feeling so disconnected and now, while I still miss the ongoing news and chatter at ABUK, I am a little less lonely, so thank you all. You can post this on ABUK, too, so that everyone knows. I do understand those who still don't want to join the social media world. They should know I truly understand their hesitation. It's why I am so moved by those of you here who joined Facebook just for me. That's pretty awesome!

Anyway, could someone post the above to ABUK for me? I really don't think I'll ever make it back on so I'd just like to make sure Cecelia and others know my feelings about this. Thanks in advance!

Hugs Linda X
Hugs Linda X
Linda X
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby janeelizireland » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Linda, you beat me to it! :D
Jane

You make my darkness bright and like a star you shine on me
janeelizireland

Postby Linda X » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Blimey I'm usually last lol
Hugs Linda X
Linda X
I'm an Alfies Arrow
I'm an Alfies Arrow

Postby Margie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 am

Thanks for posting the message from Marcia, Linda. I hadn't seen it yet; it warms my heart to know that Marcia is a little less lonely. Cecelia, let me know when you want to take the plunge into Facebook and be added to Marcia's facebook group (although I think any of us can do that). I think I have to 'friend' you first, or one of us does.
Cheers
Margie
Xx

Margie

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat