The weather

Let's talk about anything else

Moderator: Mods

Postby Linden » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:37 am

Just an inch or so of crunchy snow today. The wind is wild tonight though. Should be nicer tomorrow and feeling like spring by Friday.
Lea Ann
Linden
I'm an Alfies Arrow [GOLD]

Postby I cried at stv » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 am

Dry and sunny and a slight wind today. Due to rain tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I cried at stv
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Silver]

Postby kylieschwede » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 am

We got a total of about 8 inches of snow over two days--up to 12 inches was forecast, so once again the forecast was exaggerated.
The aim and final reason of all music should be nothing but the glory of God and the refreshment of the spirit.
J.S. Bach
kylieschwede

Postby alfiefan12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

EVERYTHING is shut down here today, government, schools, the lot. The roads are simply wet and it's snow/raining! I think everyone just wanted a snow day. I have a ton of work I need to do from home but OH is home with time on his hands!
Anne
alfiefan12
I'm an Alfies Arrow [Bronze]

Postby Linden » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Sounds like a good day to stay inside, Anne. Maybe your OH needs a project for the day around the house :D
Lea Ann
Linden

Postby PamK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm

We skinned by this one! Yesterday was cold and we had really wet sloppy rain and snow for morning rush hour and a little longer. But by midmorning the slop stopped, and the roads dried off. Just cold and murky the rest of the day. I understand the storm is headed east. Today is cold but dry and it's supposed to start warming up after that. Dry and much warmer until Sunday when the prediction is 60 degrees and pouring rain. I'm going to get all my errands done Saturday and then stay home and dry and spend the afternoon cooking on Sunday!
PamK

It wasn't a case of storming heaven. It was a case of letting heaven storm you. Into your hands, O lords of light, I commend my soul. Do what you must to mend the world. I am at your service.
Lois McMasters Bujold The Curse of Chalion
PamK

Postby I cried at stv » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Very dull and freezing today.
I cried at stv

Postby FloandPandysmom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Sorry to hear so many are struggling in the snow - please keep safe and warm.

We had beautiful sunshine yesterday. I ordered myself a brand new car as my poor old menopause-mobile was only supposed to last one summer when I bought it two years ago. I'd be pushing my luck to get through another one with it. Anyway, it was huge fun test driving convertibles with the roof down for the very first time this year. 8) :lol:

Today we have greyness and rainyness again. Normal service resumed.

Deb x
FloandPandysmom

Postby Becky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 am

It started off in the upper 30s this morning and now it's in the 50s. The sun is shining and no rain in the forecast.
Deb I'm envious. I want an new car, but settled on a new kitchen, which still isn't finished. Hopefully this weekend will see it done.
Becky

Postby Linden » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 am

The sun came out late this afternoon, but the temps were in the low 30s.

I heard that the weather in MD was not nearly as bad as forecast, Anne. How about where you are?

I will cross my fingers for you, Becky.

I like to think of you zooming around England in your convertible, Deb. It makes me smile :D And I am glad you are getting some new wheels.
Lea Ann
Linden

Postby FloandPandysmom » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Becky wrote:Deb I'm envious. I want an new car, but settled on a new kitchen, which still isn't finished. Hopefully this weekend will see it done.

We also are in need of a new kitchen, but it will have to wait a while yet. There's a bit more mileage in the old one, although our electricity trips out randomly when we switch the cooked off. 8O

It's another grey and murky one today. Just back from London where my meeting did not go well :cry: and my new shoes made my toes hurt :x and when I got back to the tran station I realised I'd left my car park ticket in the car, had to go all the way to the car to get it, all the way back to the station to pay the ticket, then back to the car. It's not far, but with pinchy toes it's a marathon :twisted:

Somebody cheer me up....please! :?

Deb x
FloandPandysmom

Postby Farashna » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 pm

OK Deb, I am coming to the rescue to cheer you up. I think I should tell a joke or something but I will just tell you what Mark Twain said about shoes. I can't remember the exact quote, but he basically said, 'if you want to forget all your problems, just put on a pair of ill-fitting shoes".

So maybe your meeting didn't go as badly as you thought, it just seemed worse because of the shoes. Please tell me they didn't have a high heel (which I appropriately misspelled as high hell).

Just have Chris fix dinner and soak those feet. I am sure your day will look brighter.
Big Hugs... Sherrie
Sherrie
For where your treasure is... there will your heart be also.
Farashna

Postby FloandPandysmom » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Farashna wrote:
So maybe your meeting didn't go as badly as you thought, it just seemed worse because of the shoes. Please tell me they didn't have a high heel (which I appropriately misspelled as high hell).

Sadly the toe pain didn't start until after the meeting, so it really was a bad 'un. :(

I haven't worn high heels since 2001. And even then they weren't seriously high, they just had a heel. My life is too short to endure heels - and I'm bad-tempered enough without that sort of help! :evil:

We are all having our hair cut this evening. I don't know what that has to do with the weather but we don't seem to have a 'Hair Cuts' thread :D

Deb x
FloandPandysmom

Postby Becky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Hair cut and color are both needed here. Can I come over for the cut?
Becky

Postby FloandPandysmom » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Becky wrote:Hair cut and color are both needed here. Can I come over for the cut?

The hairdresser double booked us...today has not been one of my best. 8O

Dinner was good though. :D

Latest weather? It's dark. :lol:

Deb x
FloandPandysmom

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat